Our Mother of Sorrows Parish, Tucson, AZ – Executive Assistant: Our Mother of Sorrows Parish is seeking applicants for the full-time non-exempt position of Executive Assistant. The person selected will be responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the Pastor. Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or a related field, and have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a high activity environment as an Executive Assistant, Executive Secretary, Administrative Assistant, or equivalent experience. Also required are the ability to type a minimum of 60 words per minute, word processing experience including experience with Microsoft Office and Publisher, and the ability to take dictation and transcribe. In addition, the person must have excellent leadership, and human relations skills. Interested applicants are asked to direct their letter of interest and resume to OMOS Parish, Attn: Search Committee, 1800 S. Kolb Rd., Tucson, AZ 85710; drop it by the office; or email it to email@example.com. No telephone calls, please. A job description outline is available on our website: www.omosparish.org. The position will remain open until filled.
Our Mother of Sorrows Parish Job description
Job Title: Executive Assistant Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: Our Mother of Sorrows Parish/Tucson, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor and the Business Manager is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs in support of the spiritual and pastoral mission of the parish, the Roman Catholic Church and the Diocese of Tucson.
- Works collaboratively and in a positive, friendly, and professional manner with all employees and others
- Displays personal initiative, in providing timely and accurate support for the pastor.
- Maintains confidentiality and respects the privacy of the Pastor and others similarly supported
- Receives and handles, in a professional manner, all incoming calls and visitors to the pastor and handles requests for information
- Prioritize, coordinate and accurately schedule calendar requests for the pastor; coordinate meetings, conferences, and other gatherings
- Accurately and on a timely basis, handle all correspondence, incoming and outgoing
- Manage and maintain relevant database information and files necessary for the Parish.
- Handle all communications including communications with clergy, department heads, employees, and laity as requested by the pastor.
- Provide staff support to other organizations as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling, hearing; carrying; and keyboarding.
- Have a working knowledge of the makeup and culture of the Catholic Church; must be in full communion with the Church.
- Word processing and transcription experience; type a minimum of 60 WPM
- Strong technical skills encompassing the use of Microsoft Office products including Publisher and Excel.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal, and public speaking and presentation skills
- Punctuality is a must, with an ability to travel locally as required. Weekend work may be required
- Must have excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or a related field
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a high activity environment as an Executive assistant, Executive Secretary, Administrative Assistant or equivalent
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
Download and fill out the Application for Employment
(http://www.diocesetucson.org/DOTHREmploymentApplication.pdf) and submit the application with a cover letter and resume to:
Our Mother of Sorrows Parish
Attn: Search Committee
1800 S. Kolb Rd
Tucson, AZ 85710
In the words of a Gaelic blessing: A hundred thousand welcomes. This welcome comes from a vibrant and very active parish community. The Lord is blessing us through the broad range of active ministries, striving to follow the example of Jesus as our loving servant leader in service in His name. Our highest call as Church and parish is proclaiming and living His Gospel message of love and mercy. In doing so we experience the joy of the Gospel. We sum up this purpose, mission and vision in the simple acronym “MCS”: Message, Community and Service. You are most welcome to join us in this mission. Welcome, again, and may the Lord bless you abundantly.
Parish Mission Statement
Filled with the joy of the Gospel, our parish proclaims an ongoing encounter with Jesus Christ through community, Word, Sacrament, and loving service.